April 23, 2017
Honors Convocation is an annual awards assembly in which the University community gathers to recognize academic excellence of our outstanding students and faculty at The University of Texas at El Paso. The event, as it was traditionally, returns to Magoffin Auditorium during this spring. The 2016 Honors Convocation ceremony was held in the Memorial Gym last year as a special treat.
The list below includes the groups recognized during the ceremony:
• Holding Faculty Endowments:
.....Distinguished Chairs; Chairs; Distinguished Professorships; Professorships
• Newly Appointed Professors Emeriti
• Top Ten Seniors
• University Honors Program Graduates and Candidates
• Senior Honors Graduates and Candidates
• Department Awards to Outstanding Students
• Honor Societies
• Terry Foundation Scholars
• High School Scholars
An informal reception will immediately follow the Convocation ceremony. Please note that the event attire is Business / Business Casual.
The doors open at 1:00 p.m.
for check-in at Magoffin Auditorium.
(click on map to enlarge)