Splash 'n' Sparks
19th Annual Appreciation Extravaganza
Student Recreation Center
Friday, June 30, 2017
5:30 – 10:00 p.m.
Online reservations begin Monday, May 15. Make your reservation online by Monday, June 26.
UTEP Faculty and Staff** are invited to bring their families and attend this family-friendly University picnic. Games, food and fireworks are among the fun activities that members of UTEP's faculty and staff and their families enjoy during the annual Splash 'n' Sparks Extravaganza. Organized by the Office of University Relations, the event pays tribute to the hard work and dedication of the University’s employees. It is a grand fun for all who attend.
• Family Atmosphere • Softball Game • Carnival Games • Fireworks• Complimentary Carnival Style Meal for the employees and their immediate family*
• Indoor Swimming • Entertainment • Food • Street Dance
• Meal Tickets* will be distributed at the event upon check-in beginning at 5:30 p.m.
• Concession items for sale. Additional tickets may be purchased onsite
• Watermelon-eating contest and children's sack races
• Sand Volleyball Tournament, Softball Game and Miniature Soccer games (register your team on-site)
*Meal Tickets for IMMEDIATE FAMILY MEMBERS: For the purpose of distributing the free meal tickets at Sparks ‘n’ Splash, an IMMEDIATE FAMILY MEMBER is defined as an individual who lives in the UTEP employee's household. Relatives or friends not living in the same household as the UTEP employee may purchase guest tickets at the event. Complimentary tickets are not provided for extended family members and friends. University Relations reserves the right to limit the number of tickets requested.
**Student coded positions (ie. Grad. Assistant, workstudy, hourly positions, etc.) are not included in the invitation list for this appreciation event.
NO FOOD ON RECREATIONAL FIELD: Only water is allowed on the recreational field due to the artificial grass surface.
NO ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES OR FIREWORKS ALLOWED: These items are strictly prohibited.